The 2020 Duotone Click Bar Quad Control S 20-22 started a revolution in kiteboarding bar design and function that continues to reverberate through the industry. The thing that makes it go "click" is the unique power adjustment function that lets you power or depower the kite with a simple twist or button-push of one of the bar ends. Turning the bar end clockwise powers it up by shortening the back lines; pushing the button at the bar end depowers it by lengthening the back lines. You can see the action and level of power on the "Power Display" easily visible on the bar as well as above the right floater.
THE FORCE TAKEAWAY
We recommend the Click Bar to riders of all skill levels who want a highly safe, versatile, and feature-rich universal 4 line control system with adjustable line length and V positioning, an automatic untwist safety system, can be used with 4 or 5 line kites or the Hadlow setup, and has the exclusive Click power/depower system.
DUOTONE'S PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
The Duotone Click Bar revolutionized how we control our kites, on a completely new level! Now additionally available is a narrower version of the Click Bar, only 42cm wide and a line length of 20m plus 2m extensions! Also there are four different chicken loop options available offering maximum performance and customization.
The unique Trim Unit of the Click Bar enables you to power and depower in precise steps at the flick of a switch. To power your kite, turn the Winder clockwise – this shortens the length of your backlines with every half turn. To depower, simply push the button in the middle of the Winder and your backlines will lengthen again with every click. At any time the level of power / depower is visible on the Power Display of the bar, as well as on a neon orange mark above the right floater. The Click Bar is equipped with the Iron Heart V, ensuring a quick and reliable safety release. Lines, even the guided safety line, are automatically untwisted during rotations. It’s delivered with a 4 line set up and adjustable to either 20m and 22m or to 22 m and 24 m line length.
- Adjustable Line Length and V-Position - You can change the V-position on the front lines, depending on your preference and riding style.
- Compatible With Most Kites on the Market
- Automatic Untwisting Safety System - Lines are automatically untwisted during rotations, even the guided safety line is untwisted to reach an optimum of safety and comfort.
- Iron Heart V - The Click Bar is equipped with the Iron Heart V, ensuring a quick and reliable safety release. Lines, even the guided safety line, are automatically untwisted during rotations.
- 4 or 5-Line Setup - You can choose the best setup, depending on your preference and riding style. The 5th line makes it easier to relaunch, especially on big kites and in low winds.
- Compatible With Hadlow Setup - The Click Bar S can be upgraded with the optional 6-line Hadlow setup.
Twisting the Winder of the Trim Unit clockwise, shortens the back lines, visible at the neon orange mark in the power display of the bar and the neon orange mark on the floater. The kite has more power. The power steps are divided in eight steps, half a rotation on the winder is one power step.
Pushing the Push Button lengthens the back lines, visible at the neon orange mark in the power display of the bar and the neon orange mark on the floater. The kite has less power. Pushing the button once is one depower step.
Iron Heart V
Easily untwisting safety line
Fixed suicide mode for easier hooking in as the suicide ring can’t hang loose
Open ceramic bearing, long lasting and easy to clean to ensure maximum safety performance
Lines are automatically untwisted during rotations
Even the guided safety line is untwisted to reach an optimum of safety
Single TPU Covered Depower Line
Long lasting protection from abrasion
Also protects the safety line
Cleanest bar set up available
Huge depower stroke
Sliding Bar Stopper
Keeps the bar in place and close to the rider to always be in perfect control
At a certain amount of pressure, the sliding bar stopper will slide upwards effortless to offer a maximum of safety
Not usable as a fixed stopper ball
LINE LENGTH ADVISOR
The length of Duotone flying lines can make a huge difference to the way a kite flies. Different styles of riding, different kite models or the kite size are influencing factors that require different line length. In order to achieve maximum comfort and to receive the best performance of a kite, it is essential to match the kite and the rider’s style of riding to the correct line length!
20 M - 70% HANDLING / 30% POWER
- Fast and reactive turning
- For extreme Freestyle, Wakestyle and waves
- Tight, super fast and hard kite loops
- Narrower bar width
22 M - 60% HANDLING / 40% POWER
- Reactive turning
- Fast kite loops
- Favourite set up of our Freestyle riders
- Best choice for waveriding
-Narrower bar width
24 M - 50% HANDLING / 50% POWER
- The most versatile length
- Great for all round freeriding
- Good lowend and a good turning speed
- High jumps as you can ›load‹ the lines
- The recommended size for a one bar quiver!
Bar Only ***This bar does not come with a chicken loop***