The Slingshot Slingwing is a new way to harness the power of the wind on a SUP or sufficiently buoyant foil board. Combining aspects of kiteboarding and windsurfing, the Slingwing has neither lines nor a mast. The Slingwing is a single strut inflated wing that the rider holds to catch the wind to propel them through the water or across the land. It is easy to use and floats weightlessly in the wind.
In stock ships the same day.
THE FORCE TAKEAWAY
We recommend the Slingwing to riders with some board skills and experience on a SUP or foilboard who want to harness the wind to cruise through the water in a fun and new way.
SLINGSHOT'S PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
NEW for 2020, the SlingWing is part windsurfing, part kiteboarding and part flying, each broken down to their most basic form. When you combine it with a foil, you get an entirely new sport that simplifies the experience and gear you need to fly across the water powered by the wind. If you’re new to wind sports, the SlingWing is easier, safer and more user-friendly than any of its predecessors, and if you’re an experienced wind junkie, it’s a fun and simplistic style of riding you’ll enjoy instantly.
The SlingWing is a lightweight inflatable wing that has a rigid frame when pumped up and can be packed in a small bag when deflated. No harness, control bar, lines, mast, boom or battens needed. It’s designed to be used with a foil or paddleboard with enough volume for the rider to stand on and can also be used with snow sports or skating.
- Bombproof Slingshot Construction- We have 20+ years of building the most durable gear on the market. The SlingWing is built to the same standards with many of the same innovations we use in our top-of-the-line kites.
- Reflex Inflatable Trailing-Edge Design- The SlingWing’s unique design features an inflatable trailing edge that completes a rigid frame around the entire wing (not just the leading edge like other designs). This makes a big difference in performance, wind and load tolerance and gives it a “pitch positive” flight. The frame keeps it from flapping, fluttering and folding in the wind the way less robust designs are prone to.
- Power Grip Y Handle Layout- Multiple grip points in a Y shape along the leading edge and center strut gives you the freedom to position your hands in the ideal position no matter how you maneuver. This unique design also gives you better leverage over the wing to manipulate its angle of attack with greater precision and less strain.
- Wide Boy Mono Strut- The SlingWing’s center strut is large and in charge, and for good reason. The wide strut profile allows the power grip handles more leverage over the center axis of the wing, which translates to an easier and more efficient control in your hands.
- Buddy Windows- See-through panels along the center strut provide increased visibility when using the wing out front instead of overhead.
- Skate Scuff Tough-Strips- An attention to detail that will dramatically increase durability for anyone looking to use the SlingWing as a crossover toy for skating or on the snow. Scuff strips are located on the wingtips where they are vulnerable to damage from dragging on rough surfaces.
- High-Pressure Valves- For maximum air pressure in the Reflex Trailing Edge.
- 30 Piece Constant Curve Leading Edge- Segmented leading-edge sewn in multiple sections to create the perfect shape and taper while maintaining stiffness throughout the wing.
- One Pump- The Original Single Point Inflation System gets you on and off the water faster.
Wing|Wing Bag|Safety Leash|Manual|Patch kit
Pump Sold Separately