The 2020 Cabrinha Drifter Kite is a hybrid, moderate aspect ratio, 3-strut surf kite with surf/drift wingtips and 2 bridle setting options. True to its longstanding slackline drift supremacy, the Drifter remains unchanged in its design. New in 2020 is an exciting upgrade to its material composition. The new Nano Ripstop canopy and the exclusive Plasma treatment bring greater strength, longevity, and performance to the Drifter. The Nano Ripstop material is a 55g/m2 with 3mm double ripstop pattern that achieves a 2x increase to the tear strength while the Plasma treatment gives the material a hydrophilic surface creating superior adhesion of the protective coating. The result is a stronger longer lasting kite that maintains its optimal performance.
THE FORCE TAKEAWAY
We recommend the Drifter to kite surfers who want the best the industry has to offer. The Drifter is legendary for its namesake drift as well as its lighting fast power and depower characteristics, speedy relaunch, efficient aerodynamics, and responsive steering even when depowered. The Drifters flight characteristics also make it a great kite for foiling. If your main focus is riding waves and foiling, the Drifter is the kite for you!
CABRINHA'S PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: SURF / FREESTYLE SURF
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
3 strut, moderate aspect ratio hybrid design. Surf/drift wing tip design,
2 bridle setting options
Specifically designed for kitesurfing in waves and strapless surf freestyle
One of the most interesting things about the Drifter is its ability to engage and disengage its power on command. While catching a wave you want all the power you need but while surfing, you often want the kite to completely disappear while you surf on your own power.
It’s in this moment of pure surfing where you want a kite that ‘drifts’ down the line with you in a stable and predictable way. We dubbed this phenomenon Drift Stability and it is the crucial ingredient in a performance surf kite. And it’s here where the Drifter has no equal.
• NEW Nano Ripstop canopy, the new bench mark in durability, stability & responsiveness • NEW Optimized Dacron layout for reduced weight & improved handling characteristics • High Tenacity Dacron for enhanced arc stability
• Pure Profile Panels for efficient aerodynamics
• Strategic canopy reinforcements in the high stress areas
• Slackline Drift for down-the-line surfing
• Light bar pressure with direct and responsive steering
• Great pop for strapless freestyle tricks
• Onshore and Offshore conditions settings
• Fast power and depower response
• Quick kite acceleration and deceleration
• Fast relaunch