The 2018 Slingshot B3 Trainer kite is already legendary. After all, it's the original trainer kite from back in the day, and it's still the trainer of choice for anyone wanting to learn how to kiteboard. Many, if not most, kiters started with a Slingshot B2 or a B3, and the tradition continues. Learning to fly a good trainer kite like the B3 is an essential part of the process of learning how to kiteboard.
THE FORCE TAKEAWAY
There's no question about it, learning how to fly a trainer kite will drastically reduce the amount of time and punishment it takes to learn kiteboarding. We did it, your favorite riders did it, and you should do it, too.
SLINGSHOT'S PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Slingshot’s B3 light traction kite is a fun, affordable and powerful piece of equipment ideal for a wide range of wind-related activities.
In light wind the B3 is a great tool for practicing basic kite flying skills and kite control. In stronger wind it’s a powerful tool for more advanced kite control, arm and shoulder strength and hand-eye coordination. It’s also great for activities like skate-kiting.
With the B3 you get:
• An affordable, durable, safe and fun piece of equipment useful for years to come
• Save time and money by developing your kite skills safely, on your own, before paying for a lesson
• Develop an understanding of the wind and how a kite behaves in it
• Develop strength, muscle memory and coordination crucial to kiteboarding
• A great tool for skate-kiting
• More power, more pull, more low-end grunt than the B2
• A kite you can use in a variety of terrain and conditions; no water necessary
• A fun and safe activity to share with family and friends
The B3 is considerably more powerful than Slingshot’s smaller B2 trainer kite. For beginners, all-around family use and use in varying winds, we recommend starting with a B2 first, then graduating to the larger B3.
The B3 comes complete with trainer kite, bridles, spectra flying line (25m), comfortable EVA grip control bar with built in line winders, carrying bag and safety wrist leash and bungee attachment.