Welcome to FORCE Lesson Center
We are excited to be part of your kiteboarding journey, and we are stoked that you are doing it at Force Kite and Wake. We have put together some information to enhance your first kite lesson.
Trainer Kite and Wind Window - Video
Practice with your trainer kite as much as possible before your lesson; this will save you time and help make your progression during your lesson much faster and smoother.
Wind Direction and Effects of Obstacles - Video
- Side-on-shore wind = safest wind direction
- Side-shore wind = Safe, but it can be challenging to get back to shore if the wind dies.
- Direct-on-shore wind = not safe for beginners and challenging to ride away from the beach, especially with waves.
- Off-shore wind = Very dangerous, don’t kite unless there is a rescue boat.
How Weather Effects The Wind - Video
- double or triple the wind speed
- kill the wind completely
- create very gusty winds
- change wind direction dramatically
Dangers Involved with Kitesurfing - Video
Kiteboarding is an extreme sport! It is only safe if you know how to be safe and manage risk. Here are some things you should bring with you for your lesson:
- Rash guard
- Waterproof sunscreen (apply before the lesson)
- Water bottle
We are looking forward to providing you with the best first-time kiteboarding experience. Ride with Force!!